We invite you to be partner in the Ubuntu Cloth Mask public-private initiative!
If ever there was a time for us to work together and help the most disadvantaged in our country, it is now. It is an extraordinary time, and extraordinary measures of solidarity and generosity are called for.
What is the Ubuntu Cloth Mask Campaign?
The campaign is a public-private initiative coordinated by the Western Cape Department (WCG DoH) of Health to promote the wearing of non-medical cloth masks in public.
This campaign seeks to complement the current social distancing, lock-down and hygiene practices adopted by the Western Cape Government (WCGH) to address the current COVID-19 pandemic.
A partnership project, coordinated by WCGH, to provide free quality Cloth Face Masks to vulnerable communities within the Western Cape, which are in line with ICAN SA and Western Cape Department of Health specifications.
Through your partnership we are able to achieve the flowing objectives of the campaign:
- Establishment of a collaborative community-based manufacturing network for interested persons/groups from socio-economically vulnerable communities whom require income security through the sewing of Ubuntu Cloth Masks. Fabric, cut per pattern, will be delivered to them, with finished masks collected for quality control in accordance with the Department specifications before distribution at community level.
- The rapid production of Ubuntu Cloth Masks by, and free distribution to, vulnerable communities identified by the Department.
- A responsive and inclusive public-private initiative approach to strengthen community-based measures to Stop The Spread of COVID-19.
How to order
- SHOP HERE
- The price for a twin pack of masks is R100.
- The masks come in Adult and Kiddies size.
- With each purchase of a twin pack (pair of 2 masks), we will fund one mask for a vulnerable community member.
- Costing can be negotiated for orders above 5 000 units.
- The masks are available in plain colours and assorted prints, and packed with an instructional leaflet about how to wear a mask and other Covid-19 hygiene protocols.
If you would like to order for yourselves, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How you can help?
Your financial contribution will enable swift roll-out of the Ubuntu Cloth Mask Initiative to curb the spread of COVID-19 infection and simultaneously mobilise the local economy in vulnerable communities to address the growing challenge of income and food security. Towards maximizing financial capacity for scaling and sustaining the initiative, we also encourage commercial outlets to supply the masks for purchasing by their customers with a proportion of funding being channeled back to the initiative. This closed-loop approach enables sustained production of Ubuntu Cloth Masks by, and free distribution to, the vulnerable communities identified by the Department.
Bank details and contact persons numbers for further information:
Account Name: The Health Foundation of South Africa
Account Number: 1021 539 813
Branch code: 12 32 09
Branch Name: Business Southern Peninsula
Type of Account: Current Account
Swift address: NEDSZAJJ
Acknowledgement - Tax Exemption Certificate
All eligible donations will be acknowledged by means of a Section 18a receipt to enable donors to claim tax rebates.
Please contact Harry Grainger, CEO: The Health Foundation, at email@example.com or 072 613 3719.